The toll that anxiety and depression can have is real and well documented. Mental illness affects approximately 7.5 million Canadians and costs $50 billion a year. The benefits of addressing mental health…January 28, 2019
Public awareness regarding mental health has been greatly increasing over the past few years, and is an important first step. But taking action is even more imperative. Here are five things employers…January 24, 2019
In 2011, mental health problems and illnesses among working adults in Canada cost employers more than $6 billion in lost productivity from absenteeism, presenteeism and turnover. Legislation has been enacted in several…January 17, 2019
The National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace was launched in January 2013. “The Standard” (or PHSS) is a set of voluntary guidelines for organizations to promote…January 10, 2019
Workplace stress is increasingly acknowledged as a global issue affecting a wide range of industries and professions today. Many people are facing added pressure to meet the psychosocial demands of modern working…January 3, 2019
- What is your organization doing to increase workplace health and safety?
- How much is workplace bullying and harassment costing your organization?
- Celebrate #HeartMonth by implementing a wellness strategy
- Resolution #5: Develop a mental health accommodation strategy and procedure.
- Resolution #4: Provide support for employees with mental health concerns.